Saturday, June 8, 2013

More Guavascooter: Speed and Distance Testing

Today I took a little adventure to visit my good buddy Chris down over at Bolt IO, a new shiny hardware startup incubator located conveniently close to campus (and chinatown!). Needless to say, I'll be visiting often.

This trip, for this time anyway, included the use of the T, so I had to park my scooter somewhere on campus. When I returned, I visited the ME graduation banquet and then returned home for a bit. Later, I left my housing again for a meeting with my PI over in building 35. Nowhere throughout the day did I charge guavascooter. This was a perfect additional data point to hopefully better estimate traversal distance. Here is the route:



A total of 3.5 miles. using the numbers from last post, we expect a battery expenditure of about 1170 mAh per mile. However, today's route only used 3170 mAh, which means approximately 905 mAh were expended per mile. This results in a projected distance of 7.6 miles. Lets say 7 miles just to be safe.

The second test that day was the speed test. I selected the section of road between Amherst Alley and Mass Ave as the trial space. This is a roughly half-mile section of road.

My timer showed I made the trip in approximately 1 minute and 52 seconds. This meant that my scooter maxed out at about 16 miles per hour. That's pretty slow for my tastes considering Razor Wind was estimated to run at 30 miles per hour and Razor Reloaded was to run at ~25. This is not a major issue but if I decide to address it I could change the sprocket ratios or select a new motor.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Guys !

    USA Fresh & Verified SSN Leads AVAILABLE with best connectivity
    All Leads have genuine & valid information

    **HEADERS IN LEADS**
    First Name | Last Name | SSN | Dob | DL Number |Address | State | City | Zip | Phone Number | Account Number | Bank Name

    *Price for SSN lead $2
    *You can ask for sample before any deal
    *If anyone buy in bulk, we can negotiate
    *Sampling is just for serious buyers

    ==>ACTIVE & FRESH CC FULLZ ALSO AVAILABLE<==
    ->$5 PER EACH

    ->Hope for the long term deal
    ->Interested buyers will be welcome

    **Contact 24/7**
    Whatsapp > +923172721122
    Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com
    Telegram > @leadsupplier
    ICQ > 752822040

    ReplyDelete