Sunday, November 8, 2009

Baker's Mistake

Alright guys, I made my first fail part (a few days ago). This was supposed to be one of the wheels I discussed earlier today, but more of a practice than anything. I'm still pretty noobish on the lathe.










First mistake. I started from the wrong side. I started from the side that didn't need to be bored out. As a result I would have to drill through the entire piece instead of just a little bit on the correct side. No big deal right? Well I came to need to redo the entire thing because...










When I was finishing the part, I accidentally moved the wrong axis handle and ate off my pulley flange. Ugg... Fail.

Well, it still looks nice anyway so I keep it on my desk. It also helped me realize that I need to change a few things in the design anyway. The Oring groove needed to be wider for instance so I suppose this was a good mistake.









However, I did decide to use the pre-existing plastic ring. Buffer it a small bit with anti-static tape, and then fill the rest with glue. Perfect fit after dry.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Guys !

    USA Fresh & Verified SSN Leads AVAILABLE with best connectivity
    All Leads have genuine & valid information

    **HEADERS IN LEADS**
    First Name | Last Name | SSN | Dob | DL Number |Address | State | City | Zip | Phone Number | Account Number | Bank Name

    *Price for SSN lead $2
    *You can ask for sample before any deal
    *If anyone buy in bulk, we can negotiate
    *Sampling is just for serious buyers

    ==>ACTIVE & FRESH CC FULLZ ALSO AVAILABLE<==
    ->$5 PER EACH

    ->Hope for the long term deal
    ->Interested buyers will be welcome

    **Contact 24/7**
    Whatsapp > +923172721122
    Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com
    Telegram > @leadsupplier
    ICQ > 752822040

    ReplyDelete